Just dumping all my surfing into one place for reference at another time...
- Anna Nicole Smith gets shunned by Mexia, her hometown. That reminds me of the joke about Mexia: Two Aggies pass through Mexia, arguing over the correct pronunciation of the city (one arguing for "muh-hay-uh" – the proper pronunciation; the other insisting on "mex-ee-uh" – the incorrect one). They stop in at a local eating establishment to settle the matter, asking, "how do you pronounce the name of this place?" The waitress responds, very slowly, "Deh-ree Kween."
- The Painted Veil deserves some Oscar noms, says the NY Times.
- If you want to join the Mile High Club... apparently it's not against FAA regulations
- 24 has a deleterious effect on soldiers.
- I've mentioned the Tesla Roadster before, but sadly according to the website it's sold out for 2007. *marks 2008 down in calendar*.
- Ads for tampons, razors, pregnancy test kits etc. get a lot less squeamish. I hope that trend hits Singapore - these ads for sanitary pads with cartoon fairies that I see on buses always seem so twee. (Do fairies get periods, in any case?)