Baidu (China's biggest search engine) has released its list of top 10 searches in various categories in 2004 (the link's all in Chinese, so don't bother if you don't have the Chinese character add-on installed at home - I don't, so I had to look it up at work). The top 10 "why" searches are quite interesting:
- Why am I always the one that gets hurt?
- Why join the Party?
- Why live?
- Why are you having an affair?
- Why do we need to innovate?
- Why do we need to pay taxes?
- Why do we need to go to college?
- Why can't I get online?
- Why do we need to study?
- Why do we need to learn English? (link from Sinosplice)