Since there's been much talk about blogging properly, here's my easy guide for n00bies on blogging etiquette:
- Always bow before you blog.
- When you blog, do remember that the knife goes in the right hand, and the fork in the left.
- Always end your posts with "thank you, it's been wonderful talking to all of you. Godspeed."
- Polite bloggers NEVER use the words "asshat" or "aardvark". Whether "sexy motherf***er" can be said in polite company remains a matter of much contention. Particularly on the question of how to pronounce asterisks.
- The proper way to end a first blog is with a little kiss. No tongue.
- And, especially, no tongue down there.
- Remember, if you forget which keys to use, a simple little memory trick is that you should start from the outside and work your way inside. Hence, posts like "poiuy!" are the height of decorum.
- When someone visits your blog, be sure to offer drinks.
- If you are a male blogger and said visitor is female, please remember to raise your hat when the visitor enters your blog.
- Yes, you must have a hat.
Technorati Tags: humour, humor, blogging, etiquette
While the no tongue down there rule is obviously true in most circumstances (such that only the mentally ill and Belgians ignore it to their own peril), you are required to tongue important dignitaries like the Pope down there when they visit.
Failure to commit to this rule will shame your ancestors thrice over, and give you embarassing diseases!
*kisses. But not down there*
you mean asshat as adapted from greg storey?
or did come up with it yourself?
(i think fark.com started using 'asshat' a couple of years ago, as far as i know.)
i can't believe i am here trying to delve into the root of 'asshat'.
And of course I don't mind being bookmarked.